Dermaplane is a physical exfoliating treatment.
The whole face is exfoliated. Removes all dead skin cells, stimulates cell renewal, oxygenates the skin, increases circulation, reduces pores and fine lines. Subsequent products can be absorbed better and as a bonus all vellus (fine) hair is removed.
A treatment for those who want to give the skin a visible effect on skin tone and texture, a softer surface without hair and a new beautiful glow.
- If your skin is inflamed, flaky, swollen, bruised, delayed healing from another treatment or stressed in any way, you should wait with dermaplane.
- Botox or fillers - Wait 1 week after the injection. It is ok to perform dermaplaning before getting injections.
- Retin-A/Retinol - Stop using the product 5 days before and after the treatment.
- Chemical peeling - Wait at least 14 days before doing dermaplaning
- Laser/IPL - Dermaplaning can be done before laser treatment, but wait at least 14 days after laser.
After the treatment
- Avoid the sun as much as possible after the treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply and reapply sunscreen every two hours, wear a hat and sit in the shade.
- Avoid exposing yourself to strong heat, tough workouts and saunas for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Wait 7 days before a facial waxing.
- When you wash your face, use a mild cleanser
- No makeup immediately after the treatment
- No peeling next week
Who cannot do the treatment?
- Cancer - while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Accutane or Isotretinoin
- Blood thinners or bleeding problems/delayed coagulation after injury
- Higher doses or frequent use of aspirin
- Severe acne
- Diabetes that is not under diet control or medication
- Mouth ulcers
- Tanned or chapped skin
Frequently asked questions and answers about Dermaplane PRO
When the hair grows back, will it be thicker and darker?
No, it is physiologically impossible. This type of hair, Vellus, is thin, fine and soft and is found everywhere on the body except on the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, lips and on the genitals. Vellus hair always grows back to its original shape and appearance. This takes approximately 2 – 4 weeks.
How often should I do Dermaplane PRO treatments?
It varies. Many customers choose to do the treatment every 4-6 weeks to maintain optimal results. Some alternate with the Dermaplane treatment and other facial treatments.
Is the Dermaplane PRO treatment safe?
Yes, the Dermaplane PRO treatment is safe when performed by trained and certified skin therapists. I am well trained to ensure safe and effective treatment.
What benefits can I expect from the Dermaplane PRO treatment?
Dermaplane PRO helps improve skin texture and radiance by removing dead skin cells and facial hair. It can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and provide a smoother makeup application.
How long do the results of Dermaplane PRO last?
Results vary, but many people experience an improvement in the appearance of their skin immediately after treatment. The effects can be visible for up to four weeks.
Is Dermaplane PRO suitable for all skin types?
Yes, Dermaplane PRO is suitable for most skin types. It is a gentle and non-invasive treatment. However, recommend that people with very sensitive skin do a consultation before the treatment.
How does Dermaplane PRO differ from other exfoliation methods?
Dermaplane PRO uses a specific technique with a sharp scalpel to gently remove dead skin cells and facial hair. It provides a deeper exfoliation compared to some other methods and can provide faster and more visible results.
Are there any side effects or downtime with Dermaplane PRO?
There is usually no downtime after the Dermaplane PRO treatment. Mild redness may occur, but this usually subsides within a few hours.