Microneedling creates a controlled injury in the skin using needles. As a natural reaction to the needling, the body wants to repair the damage and starts producing new collagen. New capillaries are also formed in the skin.
The result is rejuvenation and an improvement in the skin's structure and condition.
What can I treat with Microneedling?
- Tired skin
- Lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Sun damaged skin
A treatment takes about 30–60 minutes, depending on the treatment area.
A course is 3–6 times, usually about 4 weeks apart, depending on the condition of the skin and how the skin has reacted to the treatment. The skin must be completely restored before the next microneedling treatment can be done.
You usually see results already after the first treatment, but several treatments are required for a more permanent result.
The end result comes gradually and provides a slow improvement after 6-12 months. After the treatment, the skin becomes red and the redness can last from a few hours to a day.
- Please come without make-up.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Avoid acids such as AHA or BHA acid 3-4 days before your treatment.
- Avoid retinol products 3-4 days before treatment.
After the treatment
- Do not touch the treated area.
- Avoid showering and bathing in the treated area on the same day.
- The next day, the skin can be cleaned as usual. Gently wipe/bath the treated area dry in the days after treatment.
- Use clean towels.
- Do not use make-up for the first day after treatment.
- Change pillowcases.
- Do not use peeling/retinol for the next 7 days.
Who cannot do the treatment?
- Proneness to Keloid Scars
- Allergy to stainless steel
- Intractable diabetes (you must have stable blood sugar first)
- Roaccutan treatment (Medicine) in the last three months
- Severe Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin)
- Ongoing infection in the skin, eg Herpes
- Radiation treatment or laser treatment in the area in the last year.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding.
Face - 2195:-
Face & Neck - SEK 2,395
Do 5 treatments and get the 6th treatment free of charge.
(The course must be done within 7 months)
Common questions and answers about microneedling
Is microneedling painless?
It is very individual, the treatment is felt, but it can be regulated if you think it feels too much.
How often should I do microneedling?
They are different. It is best to do microneedling as a course 3-6 times depending on what you want to achieve with the treatment. In order to maintain the results, it is recommended to do a treatment six months after the course.
Are there any side effects with microneedling?
Common side effects include redness and warmth in the treated area which will disappear. Serious side effects are not common if you go to a trained staff, which of course it is at Salon VIVO.
Is microneedling suitable for all skin types?
Yes, microneedling is suitable for all skin types except the most sensitive. Recommend doing a consultation first if you are unsure.